Pages

Menu

BIZARRO THEATER THREATENED BY GOOGLE! GOOGLE BOTS HAVE BLOCKED MY GOOGLE DRIVE ACCOUNT!

During testing to add new features to Bizarro Theater, a likely automated process at Google has blocked my Google Drive account.



Here is what I was doing:


  • I ran a SQL-like query on a spreadsheet to extract only two columns of the data from a spreadsheet.
  • I saved the downloaded data to a text file.
  • I copied the text file to a publicly accessible folder on Google Drive.
And here is what happened:
  • I forgot to change the sharing settings on that spreadsheet to anyone with a link
  • So while I thought I was downloading two-column dates and numbers, instead, I downloaded HTML.
  • The Google Drive filtering program on uploads must have read the HTML, which I am guessing reads "Not Authorized to this" (I'll check)
  • And then I received notification that my Google Drive has been suspended!
As all of the charts for Bizarro Theater run from that Google Drive / Gmail account, I don't know what will happen to over 400 blog entries. For now, the charts seem to be working.

In the meantime, I am trying to get up a new Google Drive account complete with syncing. Having done some of that already, I see that many spreadsheets created with Google Spreadsheets could not be copied to the new Google Drive account. In effect, the program that handles uploading to Google Drive sees those files as "corrupted."

Most of those "corrupted" Google Spreadsheets contained only data generated from other Google Spreadsheets that I own.

There is no one to call at Google to tell my story and plead my case. There is only a stupid online form. I have no idea if anyone at Google with review the form submission. 

Effectively, by suspending my Google Drive account, Google has made my Gmail worthless along with Picasa (Photos), all of the sign ups to countless services I used either my Gmail address or Google one-click log in as well as G+.

From a technical standpoint, heed this:

EXPORT EVERY GOOGLE DOC AND GOOGLE SPREADSHEET IN THEIR MICROSOFT EQUIVALENT LAYOUTS, THAT IS AS MICROSOFT FILES. 

The files that you see on your local hard drive of Google-made documents aren't files at all, but merely links data encoded in Javascript, specifically in the JSON.

Here are a few screenshots of what I downloaded that Google programmers thought worthy of me having my Google Drive account banned and hence wrecking all of my Google accounts associated with the same email address:

Because behind the scenes, the HTML had these codes. Notice the object "botguard" with an associated function and a huge string of data being passed.


And more code dealing with "anti-spam." 


And this is a shot of the SQL query on sheets that I can't access anymore.



Google computer programmers ("software engineers") need to explain how anyone can spam himself. It looks like Google does nothing by IP address. Because if they managed Google Drive accounts and highest-level access by IP addresses, this would not have happened to me.




This is such a mess for me to clean up.









To comment about this story or work of the True Dollar Journal, you can @ me through the Fediverse. You can find me @johngritt@freespeechextremist.com

Tell Me Your Thoughts on Gab It